Palazzo Turconi, then Hospital of the Blessed Virgin in Mendrisio. Built in 1853 by the architect Luigi Fontana. Today it houses the first year design studios.
Organization chart of the initial setting of the Academy. Sketch by Mario Botta, early ‘90s.
Villa Argentina, built by architect Antonio Croci in 1872. Today it houses the Academy Management and the Administration departments.
Video frame extract from “The First Students of the Academy” - Radio Televisione Svizzera, 21 October 1996.
Design revisions of the first year of foundation - from the left Bruno Keller, Gabriele Cappellato, Belen Pfister and Aurelio Galfetti, 1996.
First logo of the Mendriso Academy of Architecture. “Contemporary disaster or complete spatial freedom?” Sketch by Le Corbusier, 1945.